Today I celebrate with my friend & fellow Author Dana Britt the release of her debut novel, SHADES OF BLUE! I’m honored to have been the editor, and HIGHLY recommend this beautiful story of loss, recovery and unexpected love!
SHADES OF BLUE
is available NOW!
“I can promise you one thing will stay the same—me.”
She wants to get lost in her memories.
He wants her to find her way home.
About Shades of Blue
Heart-broken and reeling with grief, Charlie flees to a far-flung tropical island in search of a safe haven where she can let her treasured memories consume her. Hiding away from the world, she battles nightmares and fresh tragedy while trying to make sense of her new reality.
Living his island dream, firefighter-turned-fisherman Gabe Montgomery is determined to be Charlie’s port in her storm of pain and loss. Blindsided by life-changing revelations from his own past followed by the possibility of a terrifying personal loss, Gabe realizes that sometimes letting go is as much a part of love as holding on.
When Charlie and Gabe acknowledge their powerful connection and cling to one another for comfort and hope, both face a frightening dilemma: surrender to the past, or face the challenge and promise of a future together.
Will the memories and mistakes of the past consume them or can Charlie and Gabe hold fast to each other and the hope that will bring them to a promising future together?
Character Interview: Gabe Montgomery
- What was your childhood like? Wildly idyllic. I grew up on the New England shore– Mom, Dad, Sister, Friends. A kid’s dream.
- Do you have any hobbies? I like to call my life my hobby, I love what I do. That being said, these days I’m building toys for the FDNY toy drive. It’s a lot of fun, even with all the minute details & all.
- If you were at a store now, what ten items would be in your shopping cart? Before I met Charlie or after? *laughs* Before, probably less than ten items since I eat most of my meals at The Painted Parrot—things like shaving cream, toilet paper & a woodworking magazine. After? Things like scented candles, pink tissues, chocolate milk…who knows what else?
- What is your favorite scent? Why? Hmmm, I’ve never thought about it, but I’d have to say the smell of the sea–for obvious reasons—followed closely by orange blossoms, because Charlie always smells like orange blossoms. *smiles*
- What is your favorite beverage? I’m a bar owner, there’s probably a rule against having a favorite. *raises lemonade glass* However, lemonade is always handy around here.
- Are you lucky? Oh, hell, yeah. *gestures around him at the bar, the sea*
- What is your most closely guarded secret? *raises eyebrow* Wouldn’t be a secret if I told you, would it?
- Do you keep your promises? Sure, I try to.
- What in your past would you like to forget? *shifts in his seat & looks around then sighs* Ya know… *pauses* Let’s just move on.
- Was there ever a defining moment of your life? Two big, big moments—the ones where I met those two people. *points*
You’ll have to read Shades of Blue by Dana Tanaro Britt to find out which two people Gabe was pointing to just then! 🙂
Once upon a time, a sassy Kentucky girl fell in love with a handsome Hoosier boy. What followed is a still-unfolding story filled with laughter, starry nights, children…and pizza–yes, pizza.
When Dana Britt isn’t writing stories of hope, home and happily ever after, she can be found porch-sitting with sweet tea and a book in hand. Dana carries three things everywhere she goes: cherry chap-stick, a camera, and her phone. Her idea of a perfect day is a road trip that includes sunshine, pizza, taking pictures and spending time with her own Hero and two young adult children. Dana often shares bits about it all online at DanaBritt.com–she’d love for you to stop by!
- Website: http://danabritt.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dana_Britt
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dtbritt1
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/DanaBritt
- Amazon: http://amzn.to/1MihSwj